Sunday, November 7, 2010

Temple Trip

We went to the Louisville Kentucky Temple yesterday to do some family sealings.  Everyone in my family was able to attend, except for my brother Brian who is currently living in Seattle to be with his fiance and her family who are going through chemo.  It was such a neat experience.  Among all the family names were my dad and his brother.  We got to seal them to their parents, my grandparents.  I am so happy we were able to do this work so they can become an eternal family.  On the way to the temple we had a fun experience:

1. We were explaining to Stevie where we were going:
    me: We are going to the Temple today and you are going to see, Gamma, Sherrie, Megan, Alex, Frank, Miranda, Owen, Marcus, and Laura. (after every name I said he repeated)
    Stevie: And Brian
    Me: No Brian is in Seattle with Andrea
    A little while later. . . .
    Me: We are in Kentucky
    Stevie: Hi Tucky, Love you
    Me: We are in Kentucky to see the Temple
    Stevie: Gamma?
    Me:  Yes we will see Gamma there
    Stevie:  Gampa?
    Me: looking at Tim, did he just say gampa?  He thought so too. 

It was neat to us because he doesnt really know that name.  Both of our dad's have passed away.  Yes, we talk to him about them but they just arent around so he can learn that name.  So to hear him say it, and us knowing we were going to do the work of sealing my dad to his parents was a surprise, overwhelming, lack of coming up with another word right now, neat.  He knew Gampa was going to be with us that day! 

How blessed we are to be able to go to the Temple and do work for our ancesters and to be sealed to family for Eternity!  I am so thankful that Tim and I are sealed together and that we can be with our family FOREVER.  For me knowing that we are going to be together for Eternity makes things we go through here a little easier to get through.  It is only a tiny speck of what will have waiting for us!!!

I LOVE MY FAMILY!!



1 comment:

  1. that's awesome. I'm glad you got to have that experience.

    ReplyDelete