Friday, June 10, 2011

Ice Storm 2010

This past winter we had a bad ice storm.  One of the likes I haven't seen since I was in Elementary school (and Ive lived here my whole life).  It there was ice everywhere.




 To get these pictures of the tress, Tim and I went out while it was still icing.  It was so weird walking on the snow but not sinking through it like usual.  With all the ice on top it was like skating.  It was quite fun!!  The kids were sleeping, so we got to be really silly without worrying about them getting hurt.


 
Our wonderful friends, the Hansens, decided to brave through the bad weather and pay us a visit!  I just love how Stacey is being all goofy and Brett is doing all the work!!!  (if you cant tell, their van is covered in ice).

 the grill of our durango



 This icicle was almost touching the ground.  I had always wanted to see one like that and we did in the backyard.  That is until Stevie got ahold of it.



This winter I became infatuated with the bird footprints on the snow/ice.  I think they are so neat.  

No comments:

Post a Comment